MTN SIM REGISTRATION MANAGEMENT CAMPAIGN
Category :CORPORATE AFFAIRS
- Following the fine imposed in October 2015, on MTN Nigeria by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), due to non-compliance on the directive to disconnect unregistered phone lines, it became imperative for MTNN to communicate to the public the extra efforts, that the company has undertaken with regards the sim re-registration exercise, in order to ensure a smooth re-registration process for consumers; hence the development and implementation of the SIM-Re-Registration Management Campaign.
- C&F Porter Novelli was tasked with building a positive case for MTNN with regards the sim re-registration process in the public mind
- C&F Porter Novelli used a show and tell approach in combination with advocacy through influencers, including a physical tour of the MTN SIM Registration Centres across Lagos, a Google Hangout chat session with TechCabal.com and social media advocacy campaign. The SIM registration center tours demonstrated the efforts MTNN put into the exercise and the ease with which customers could register their sims. The Google Hangout and social media advocacy campaign exposed the issues behind sim registration exercise and built public empathy for MTNN.
- In-depth positive stories in 5 top news papers in Nigeria
- Over 300 participants engaged in active discussions in the Google Hangout
- The Hangout video was replayed 37 times on Blab platform
- Over 100 tweets during the hangout, 30 Tweet contributors reaching over 150,000 accounts and 2.7 million impressions
- Positive reactions from popular social media influencers like @Ebuka_Akara, @MrEnClave, @avariberry, etc
- Conversation on sim registration increased from 9% to 24%.
- Negative commentary dropped from 90% to 50%