HERO’S FOUNDATION KICKSTART PROGRAMME
Category :CONSUMER MARKETING
- As part of is CSI, SAB Miller now AB InBev runs the Kickstart programme which is aimed at tackling youth unemployment in Africa. Acting through its then subsidiary Intafact Beverages Onitsha, the programme was introduced in 2016 as the Hero’s Kickstart programme in Intafact’s area of operations. These are the Southeastern states, and the neighbouring states: Delta, Benue, and Edo.
- C&F Porter Novelli was charged with providing communication services for the programme. The scope of services has ranged from developing and implementing the strategic communications plan for the launch, to managing the entire gamut of communications activities, via traditional and digital channels, to sustain the momentum of the programme
- A two-pronged strategic approach has been adopted. The benefits of the Hero’s Kickstart programme towards turning budding entrepreneurs into established business owners are continuously showcased. Simultaneously, the success of the programme is leveraged by highlighting its contribution/impact on the lives of the people and the economy of the states in the areas of operations.
- There have been over 6,000 (6,743) applications since the introduction of Hero’s Kickstart programme.
- So far, a total of 64 young entrepreneurs have been awarded grants totalling N132 million.
- The programme has been endorsed by a cross-section of key influencers.
- Media reportage and commentaries have been very positive