GIRL EFFECT: LAUNCH OF GIRLS CONNECT
Category :CORPORATE AFFAIRS
- Girls Connect, an innovative IVR (Interactive Voice Response) mobile innovation for hard-to-reach girls in Nigeria, created by Girl Effect was being scaled across Nigeria. After the success of the pilot in Kano, Girl Effect planned to expand nationwide starting with Edo and Kano states, but needed the support of the government and traditional rulers in the states.
- C&F Porter Novelli was engaged to launch the Girls Connect, into its third phase in Nigeria starting with Edo and Kano states to announce to its stakeholders, partners and the public, its expansion to reach girls in Kano, Edo and other States of the country.
- The Launch campaign focused on Stakeholder engagement involving media launch and courtesy visits. Media launch was held in each of the states with members of the media, drawn from print, online and broadcast so as to properly involve and immerse the media in all plans and activities for the full-scale launch of the mobile innovation.
- Prior to the media launch, courtesy visits were made to targeted stakeholders, including Oby Ezekwesili, Director, Child Development in the Ministry of Women Affairs in Abuja, Alhaji Nasir Ado Bayero, the Nassarawa LGA District Head who represented the Emir of Kano, aimed at getting endorsements, partnerships and sponsorships from the targeted stakeholders to support the Girls Connect Initiative.
- Achieved a reach of over 15 million.
- Received endorsements and support from opinion leaders.