GUINNESS FOREIGN EXTRA STOUT NCP: BE A FRONT ROW FAN
Category :CONSUMER MARKETING
- Guinness signed on the global football icon Thierry Henry as its ambassador for Africa as part of its drive to build association between the Guinness brand and football and consequently needed to bring the reality of this partnership closer to football fans across the country through its National Consumer Promotion (NCP) tagged ‘Be A Front Row Fan’.
- Create awareness and interest in the Guinness NCP to drive participation, build trust and believability in the promo and the brand wedged around the passion for football.
- Agency developed several activities around the NCP which provided hooks for discussions (#BeAFrontRowFan) by Nigerians, including: announcing the partnership with Thierry Henry, consumer launch of the NCP at 2 popular football viewing centres across the country, #Jollofcompetition, Fourteen reasons Thierry Henry is Made of Black (#MadeofB14ck) hunt on social media and blogs and visit by Thierry Henry to Nigeria.
- Agency also engaged influencers and famous football journalists to join the #BeAFrontRowFan conversation using both traditional and new media.
- The campaign was successful with 100% positive reports and engagements generated across platforms.
- 250 Million+ impressions on Thierry Henry’s visit to Nigeria across Blogs and Social Media
- Combined reach of 20 million+ people and 5 Million+ video views.